The lab is open! What you need to know
The last couple of months have been difficult for everyone. We sincerely hope that our customers, suppliers and colleagues are all safe and well.
Having undergone a short period of closure, followed by a phased opening on a skeleton staff, we are delighted to say that the lab is now operational again.
We’ve carried out a full risk assessment and taken all necessary measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all our staff and customers, including:
- Installing protective screens between workstations
- Implementing a new one-way system around our building
- Reducing the number of staff in the lab at any one time
- Providing staff with additional PPE including masks, visors and gloves
- Regularly sanitising workstations
- Sanitising packaging areas
- Implementing a new infection control policy
- Supporting staff members who are still working from home
- Carrying out an induction meeting for every staff member returning to the lab
- Checking the temperature of each staff member every morning
We will continue to monitor and update these measures as the situation continues to evolve.
In the meantime, rest assured that we are open, we are safe, and we are able to deal with your orders. Please note, however, that all your impressions must be properly labeled as having been disinfected. Any impressions received without confirmation that the disinfection procedure has been carried out, will be returned unprocessed. Likewise, impressions that are bloody will also be returned unopened.
Lastly, at this present time we are unable to provide an appliance repair service. We will remake broken appliances free of charge. Please do not send us the patient’s old appliance – just create a new order and indicate that this is a repair/remake.
If you have any questions or queries, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the lab. We’re looking forward to working with our lovely customers once again.
Updated Infection Control Policy (May 2020) (PDF, 181 KB)
Updated Infection Control Policy (May 2020)
Posted in News